What is new?
METACOM 9 symbol library
- about 7000 new symbols configured as ready to use keys with word type and word forms in the library, just use drag-and-drop to add them to a page
- In settings you can chose among light and mixed skin color
- for details see manual page 29
Day of the Week symbols with different color schemes
- alternative Day of the Week symbols, for example with a color scheme used in Austria
- for details see manual page 64
- red-blue letters for two-color writing in the library
- ready made letter pages (with sound) available for Download.
- for details see manual page 67
Letters with images for the initial sound<
- Keys preconfigured in library
- ready made pages (with sound) available for Download.
- for details see manual page 68
- Reaction to touch on a key
IMPORTANT - As this version adds new symbols, keys, and functions, exported pages or vocabularies CANNOT be imported by previous versions of MetaTalk. Update older versions to enable the import. The update is free of charge. Please perform a backup before each update
Four ready-to-use vocabularies are preconfigured, they can
be customized and adapted easily for life long use:
- 6x11 with about 5000 words/phrases
- 5x9 with about 2000 words/phrases
- 4x7 with about 1500 words/phrases
- 3x5 with about 1000 words/phrases
MetaTalk combines core and topic specific vocabulary in
each section, avoiding deep hierarchical structures,
allowing fast communication with a few taps. Pages with
characters allow the transition to text-based
Rich grammar functions emulate language learning and provide
easy access for correct communication. Color-coding for
word-types can be activated and is user configurable.
Phrases or sentences can be copied or saved to Photos for
further use in chats and email; they can also be stored in
our MemoBox for future use, for example in a talk or
Search finds all words or phrases in a vocabulary and shows
the path for each occurrence. Paths can be copied or saved
Versions and Voices
MetaTalk contains different voices depending on the Version
MetaTalk SE: Apple-voices, adult German Acapela voices Julia and Klaus,
and the Acapela child voices Lea and Jonas
- MetaTalk: Apple-voices and the adult German Acapela voices Julia and Klaus.
Additional Acapela-voices Claudia, Lea, and Jonas are available as inApp-purchases
- MetaTalk Companion: No voices and no speech output
METACOM © 2020 Annette Kitzinger
The MetaTalk Library contains all METACOM symbols, and
all terms are preconfigured with word-type and a word-forms.
Add new term to a vocabulary with simple drag-and-drop from
You can create and copy vocabularies and customize them for
example for different users. Vocabularies and pages can be
exported and imported in compatible software versions.
Additions materials - for example games and educational
materials - are available for download.